Beef Stew is a hearty Winter dish that pretty much everyone likes. And if you are a busy mom (who isn't?) or a working mom with a crock pot, this recipe is a God send. You will need: Beef chunk stew meat (I used 2 lb), a bag of carrots, frozen whole potatoes, and a half of an onion. The veggies can vary, if you want celery you can add that as well. Some store have bags of frozen stew veggies too, to make it a little easier.
Not a lot of pics of this one, since it is just a crock pot deal. But here are the steps:
1. Sprinkle meat with flour (to lightly coat) and some salt and pepper.
2. Place a little bit of oil in a pan and very lightly brown the meat on the outside.
3. Place meat in the bottom of the crock pot.
4. Peel and cut of 4 raw carrots, cut 1/2 of an onion into large slices.
5. Place small whole potatoes in the pot on top of the meat, then carrots, then onions.
6. Take two teaspoons of Beef bouillon or 2 cubes or two small cans of beef stock and poor it over the meat and veggies.
7. Add a cup of water and a McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning packet.
8. Mix and cover with lid.
Allow this to cook for 5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. When done the meat will be very tender and the veggies will be Al dente'.
I serve over egg noodles and put Parmesan on top. With some nice crusty bread, this is a perfect Winter meal! Enjoy!