Aug 13, 2013

Dr. Oz's Energy Boost Smoothie

               It's BEVERAGE WEEK at Suburban Epicurean!

This week we will be spotlighting all kinds of different beverages such as smoothies, milkshakes, and just fun yummy drinks for you all to try! We focus on quick and easy so you can make them at home too! Please keep checking back this week!


Find it on Pinterest

Cook's Note: I saw this on the Dr. Oz show and thought it looked yummy and healthy and who doesn't need an Energy Boost?! Well, not only is it EASY to make but it also tastes like a Reese's Cup... I modified the recipe slightly to add Almond Milk - otherwise the recipe was not easy to blend and was way too thick! ENJOY!! Please be sure to visit the Dr Oz website for more yummy and healthy recipes. I personally love Dr. Oz and wish he was my own doctor!

What You Will Need:


2 tbsp.  pure cocoa powder
2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter (I used Jiff)
1 medium ripe banana
8 oz non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 cup Almond Milk
4 to 6 ice cubes
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:


Pour peanut butter, cocoa powder, Greek yogurt. Almond Milk and ice cubes into blender and mix at high speed.
Slice banana, add into mixture, and re-blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour smoothie into two cups and serve. You can sprinkle an additional dash of cinnamon on top for extra flavor.
Nutrition Facts
245 calories per serving
16 g protein
This PINSPIRATION comes from Sari Greaves, RD from the Dr. OZ website

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation
but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and very broad for me. I
am looking forward for your next post, I will try
to get the hang of it!

my web site :: Improve Working Capital ()