Nov 5, 2014

Super Easy DIY Swiffer Solution


Find it On Pinterest

Note: Buying Swiffer Wet Jet refill solution is EXPENSIVE (upwards of $6+ a bottle these days) and I keep seeing post after post on Pinterest about how to make your own! I kept pinning these posts and finally decided to try it (since that is sort of what our blog is about... testing Pinterest pins so you don't have to!). 
It was SUPER EASY to make my own Swiffer Wet Jet solution, but I have to say that I didn't LOVE the smell of the vinegar for cleaning and even the essential oils didn't hide that terrible vinegar smell. So - I tried it again and added more essential oils to mask the vinegar smell and it was good to go. 

You are saving a TON of money making your own and you can trust that your floors that you walk your precious feet on are super clean and no chemical residue! 

 ~ I used Doterra Essential oils for this because that is all I had and to be honest, Doterra oils are PRECIOUS oils because they are therapeutic grade oils and very expensive. That said, I would not waste them on something like this - just use the more inexpensive drug store brand essential oils, since they are just used in cleaning products! That's just my opinion here! ~

To get off the Swiffer Solution top: use a large good grip set of pliers (as seen in my photo) - otherwise you are screwed because there is no way that sucker is coming off with your hands! Once its' opened - then you are ready to mix! 

What You Will Need: 

Meyer's Clean Day Dish Soap (I used Lavender to add more smell!)
White Distilled Vinegar
Distilled Water
Your favorite smell of Essential Oils

Directions: 

Fill the Swiffer bottle with: 
1/2 full of distilled water
1/2 full of white distilled vinegar
a few drops of the dish soap
a few drops of your favorite essential oils for smell

Now screw the top back on - shake it really good to mix and then put the solution back in your Swiffer Wet Jet Mop and you are ready to clean, 

This "Pinspiration" comes from "Surviving the Stores"

No comments :