Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: Happy Thanksgiving! If you are anything like me, you know you are having turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes, but what other sides should you make? Should you go with the standard sweet potatoes? Or change it up a bit? I think this is perfect. These have the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, but with a little different look and texture. These are a simple side that won't take too much time to prep so you have more time for the real time sucker, the turkey. GOBBLE GOBBLE!!
10 Cups Butternut Squash
1/4 Apple Pie Spice
1/4 Brown Sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
6 tsp Butter, melted
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Halve the squash and then halve again and peel skin. Remove the seeds and chop the squash into cubes
3. Place squash cubes on a large baking sheet in a single layer
4. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over squash and toss, making sure to coat all of the squash evenly
5. Roast at 400 for 35-45 min or until tender, turning every 10-15 min.
Optional: Add chopped pecans during the last 10 minutes of baking if desired.