Nov 16, 2014

Homestyle Green Beans & Potatoes


Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: This is one of the easiest sides you will ever make and a dish that is a staple in the South. There is nothing like yummy green beans and potatoes. This recipe reminds me of my grandmother and well as my Mom
For this recipe -  I threw in some carrots too for good measure. I hope you will enjoy!

What You Will Need: 

1 large can of Green Beans
2-3 Small Russet or White Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 Chicken bouillon or Beef bouillon Cubes (your choice)
Sliced carrots (optional)
Cracked Black Pepper to taste

Directions: 

Drain can of green beans and rinse well in a colander. Pour green beans into a large pot and cover with water. Add potatoes, green beans and bouillon cubes. You can also add cracked black pepper to taste (my opinion is that you will not need to add any more salt) Bring to a boil and once water is boiling - cook covered for about 30 minutes.

This "Pinspiration" comes from My family !

Enjoy! 







No comments :