Mar 5, 2014

Mrs.Potter's Chicken


Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: This is an old recipe from the Ladies Home Journal. I love Ritz crackers and so do the kids, so I figured I couldn't go wrong here. This is simple as a main dish, but would also be excellent in a sandwich. I made a few adjustments, which I noted below, and I think next time I will add some cheddar to the top toward the end of the baking process to give it that extra ZIP, but it was good on its' own. I ended up needing two baking sheets because my chicken breasts were big, but no big deal. Try it out, Mrs. Potter will be so happy you did. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 Chicken Breasts, cut in half and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
2 T Unsalted Butter, melted (NOTE: I ended up needing 4 T)
1 1/2 Cup Ritz Crackers, crushed
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (NOTE: I used 1 cup)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
NOTE: I added a pinch of Salt for taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Spray Baking sheet(s) with non stick spray
3. Crush Ritz crackers in a zip lock bag
4. Add cheese and pepper to crackers and mix together, set aside
5. Pound chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap, until 1/4 inch thick
6. Melt butter in a separate bowl
7. Dredge each breast in butter, then in cracker mix until coated, patting crumbs onto chicken, then place on baking sheet
8. Once dredging is complete, sprinkle chicken with crumbs remaining in bowl
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through

This Pinspiration comes from The Ladies Home Journal



No comments :