Dec 20, 2013

Oreo Truffles


Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: I saw these on Pinterest and thought, those look yummy, but labor intensive. And let me tell you, if there is one thing I cannot handle it is labor intensive, not the week before Christmas anyway. So I read the directions, and shockingly they were simple and required very few ingredients. 

I needed teacher gifty things, so I liked the idea of a fancy looking treat that was super easy. I made 48 of these suckers (no doubling required, that is what it makes) and threw them into tins for the kiddos to take to school. 

The Kraft recipe calls for Bakers chocolate, which would work great, but I like Candy Melts and thought the white would be more of a contrast with the Oreo garnish. Anyway, they are really tasty and the teachers loved them. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed and divided
  • pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream  Cheese, softened
  • Pkg. Wilton Candy Melts (white or color of your choice)

Directions:
RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

This Pinspiration comes from Kraft




No comments :