Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: I saw this recipe on Facebook and it sounded so deliciously warm and cozy, I went straight to the kitchen and made it. This is one of those recipes that you have all the ingredients for all the time, so it was a quick and simple cake, that tastes like you slaved away.
This cake would be great for having the girls over for coffee, Saturday morning breakfast or as an after dinner dessert. The warm cinnamon melts in your mouth and the cinnamon roll icing is the icing on the cake, no, truly. (ha) The only changes I have to this recipe, is that I had to leave my cake in the oven for about 40 minutes. And, I did not use all of the icing, because I did not want to saturate the cake.
Your family and friends will rave and think you are the best baker in town. Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together
2. Stir in melted butter, slowly. Pour into greased 9x13 pan
3. Mix topping ingredients (3/4 cup butter, softened, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon). Drop over cake mixture evenly.
4. Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife, going up and down the length of the pan (but only inserting it into the cake mix a little, not all the way).
5. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes
6. Top with glaze which is made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 TB milk and 1 tsp vanilla. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
This pinspiration comes from Lilluna