Apr 29, 2014

Gooseberry Patch Chicken Tetrazini


Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: I made this on Christmas Eve for our family dinner (I know I am posting it really really late huh?). I had never made this recipe before and took a chance on it. I got this recipe from the Gooseberry Patch Merry Christmas cookbook (page 137). Let me tell you, if you aren't familiar with Gooseberry Patch... then get with it PEOPLE! Their recipes are pretty much a NO FAIL and can always be trusted. This recipe was really phenomenal and I have made it 2 times this year already. My family truly loved it, even the kids. 

It's fairly easy to make and the taste combination is out of this world. This is by no means a light recipe, but a great recipe nonetheless. I didn't change anything here and give full credit to Gooseberry Patch. I am adding this to my dinner rotation and recipe box to make again and again. I hope you will enjoy!  


What You Will Need: 

2 cans of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
1.5 cups of Milk
2 Chicken bouillon cubes
12 oz package of wide Egg Noodles, cooked according to pkg directions.
1 small onion, chopped or diced
3 cups Chicken Breast (2-3 breasts), cooked and diced
1.5 cups of Sourdough Croutons, cut into squares/cubes
3 Tbsp Butter (melted)
3 cups Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese


Directions: 

First and foremost: Cook your chicken. Typically, for recipes that call for already cooked chicken, I will take the chicken breasts and boil them for 25 minutes, then drain, rinse, cool and dice the chicken and set aside. 

Next, cook the noodles according to package directions. Once drained, set aside. 

Peel and dice onion, set aside. 

For the Sourdough Croutons you can either buy those already made in the store bakery, or make it yourself! If you want to make it yourself its very easy (see my recipe below!) If using store bought croutons, toss croutons with melted butter (as indicated in the above ingredients) in a small bowl and set aside.(If you follow my below homemade crouton recipe, then you won't need more butter!)

In a small saucepan - mix soup, milk and bouillon cubes and cook over medium heat until warmed. 

In a large bowl, combine noodles, onion, chicken and soup mixture and stir until well combined. Place mixture is a greased 13'x9' glass baking dish. 

Sprinkle shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese over the noodles and top with croutons.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.  Serves 6-8.

Homemade Sourdough Croutons

1 loaf of Sourdough Bread from your local grocer's bakery
3 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
2-3 Tbsp butter (melted) 

Directions: Dice the bread up into squares, toss with Italian seasoning, cheese and butter. 


This "Pinspiration" comes from Gooseberry Patch - Merry Christmas Cookbook




No comments :