Jul 29, 2014

Paleo Turkey Veggie Meatloaf




Find it On Pinterest

Cook's Note: So, we are trying to go low-carb when we can and get healthy! I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I'd try it. I have modified the recipe to make it my own and this version is pretty good. I used coconut flour, but you can use almond flour instead. 

You don't even miss the carbs of the usual breadcrumbs in this meatloaf. Even my toddler ate it - that is the true taste test! ENJOY!


What You Will Need: 


1 cup almond or coconut flour
1 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 carrots, minced
1/2 onion, minced
1 zucchini, minced
2 egg
3 tbsp Italian seasoning
Sea salt and Cracked Black pepper - to taste


Directions: 

Preheat  oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour and coconut milk in a bowl and mix.
Sauté onions, carrots, and zucchini stirring often until cooked.
During the last minute of your sautéing – add in your garlic.
Combine sautéed vegetables with the flour/milk mixture.
Add ground turkey, egg, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Using your hands or a good spoon, mix well.
Place meatloaf in a pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (I prefer Coconut Oil Spray)
Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees internally.



This “Pinspiration” comes from Civilized Caveman Cooking


ENJOY! 




No comments :