Oct 31, 2014

Roasted Butternut Squash


Find it on Pinterest

Cook's Note: Butternut squash is one of my all time favorite vegetables. The creamy texture just melts in your mouth. Why not celebrate the fall season by eating it often? This is the easiest recipe ever! What a wonderful side dish for any dinner. Because I am a busy mom who works full time, I don't have time to peel, chop and seed a butternut squash - it just takes me too long. So, I buy the already cut butternut squash at my grocery store. Its super fast and makes cooking much more fun! OF COURSE, you can always use a butternut squash that you peel, chop and seed yourself - I am just trying to make this easy! 

This would also be a great Thanksgiving Day side. 
I hope you will make it and enjoy it. 

What You Will Need: 

1 pre-chopped package of Butternut Squash
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt

Directions: 

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. 

Rinse package of butternut squash well, I used a colander. If you are cutting, seeding and chopping youself - have fun with that! :) 

In a large mixing bowl combine butternut quash, olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt and ground black pepper until well coated.

Place mixture into a glass baking dish (I always spray mine with non-stick cooking spray such as Coconut Oil spray, just to be safe!) Spread out the pieces well so that they get nice and roasted in the oven!

Cook for 20-25 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork. 

This "Pinspiration" comes from Brunch Time Baker

Enjoy! 




No comments :