Oct 30, 2015
Cooks Note: Halloween is a love it or hate it holiday, if you can call it a holiday. For me, the next day marks the beginning of the holiday season, for some it is just annoying and for others it is an excuse to party. Whatever your feelings are about Halloween, kids love it. Everyone loves candy, everyone loves being someone they are not for one night and personally, I like the décor and cute little snacks and goodies that come along with it. My kids wanted to take treats to school for their "Fall Festival" so I needed something quick and easy that I could make 50 of in one night, and this is what we came up with. I made 32 ghosts and 25 monster teeth in about 1.5 hours, not too shabby! Give these a try for your kids, for your Halloween party, or just because they are delicious! Happy Halloween everyone, stay safe!
1 package chewy Chips Ahoy cookies
1 package of mini marshmallows
1 container white frosting
Red food coloring
1. Mix red food coloring into icing until you have reached your desired shade of red. I was going for blood or gum color so I used a little extra coloring
2. Cut all of the cookies in half
3. Spread a little bit of icing on the inside of each cookie half (don't let it drip over, just enough so it holds the marshmallows and looks like gums)
4. Place 3-4 marshmallows across one half of the cookie on the rounded edge
5. Top with the frosted side of the second half touching the marshmallows
1 bag of pretzel rods (the long ones, not the little skinny sticks)
1 bag of White Candy Quick
Black cake decorating pen or small black icing tube
1. Melt candy melts, according to package directions.
2. Once melted, place half of each rod in the candy, rolling to cover the pretzel,
3. When lifting out of the candy, rotate the pretzel around in circles to let the excess drain off
4. Allow candy melts to dry on a sheet of wax paper
6. Once dry, decorate the face with 2 eyes and a mouth.