May 4, 2013

Chinese Ramen Noodle Chicken Salad


Find it On Pinterest 

Cook's Note: This recipe comes from my Mom  - she made it for us off and on over the years while I was growing up and I loved it then and I love it now. I make it a few times a year and its super yummy! She got the recipe from a family friend and now its sill one of my favs.... I highly suggest you try this one. It's rather simple to make and its one of those recipes that is actually better if it sits over night and you eat it the next day (allows the dressing to really soak in!) 

What You Will Need:

2 skinless chicken breasts (chopped)
1/2 cup onion (fine and diced)
1/2 head of cabbage (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds (toasted in a pan with olive oil)

Mix all above ingredients together in a large bowl.

Next, in a side bowl, mix the dressing together:

DRESSING:
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar

Directions: 

Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.

Add in 1 package of crushed ramen noodles and mix well again - ENJOY! 

This "Pinspiration" comes from my mother


No comments :