May 9, 2013

Easy Huevos Rancheros


Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: So, it doesn't happen very often, but this one is not one of my faves, and I hate to say that, because it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. As I ate it I thought of several things I might do differently if I were to make this again. One being, I would not cook it as long as it calls for. I think 35-40 min dried the eggs out a little. Also, it could use some meat, sausage, bacon or even ham, I think it would add a little more depth to it. And lastly, the salsa was good on it, so why not incorporate that and add a can of Rotel? That is how I will make it next time. Try it and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 1 32 ounce package frozen fried potato nuggets
  • 12 eggs
  • 1 cup  milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons  dried oregano, crushed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons  ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon  chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon  garlic powder
  • 1 8 ounce package shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 1 16 ounce jar thick and chunky salsa
  • 1 8 ounce carton dairy sour cream
  • Snipped fresh cilantro
 
Directions
 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potato nuggets in dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Beat with a rotary beater or wire whisk until combined. Pour egg mixture over potato nuggets.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle cheese evenly over egg mixture. Bake about 3 minutes more or until cheese melts. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Makes 12 servings.
 
This Pinspiration from Better Homes and Gardens

No comments :