Sep 29, 2013

Apple Cider Donuts


Find it On Pinterest
Cook’s Note: I saw these donuts on Pinterest (of course!) and they sounded so yummy and perfect for a chilly September Saturday morning. I made these for my daughter and husband (and me!) and they were really good.
These donuts are BAKED and much healthier than fried donuts (I think that a fried version would taste better, but these were good also!). I adapted my version of this recipe from the original recipe from Pinterest (see attribution below for original recipe) and I like my version a lot!!!

This recipe just says Happy Fall, Ya’ll !!

What You Will Need:


(Please note… for this recipe – you will need a donut pan like the one you can buy here by Wilton.)

1 ½  Cups Flour

1 ½  Cups of Sugar

1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter – (softened)

2 Large Eggs

1/3 Cup of Apple Cider

1/2 Cup of Milk

2 tbsp. Cinnamon

1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda

1 Apple (peeled and cut up into very small pieces)

Small side bowl of equal parts of Cinnamon and Sugar mixed together to sprinkle on the donuts

Directions


Using your Kitchen Aid stand mixer (if you don’t have one, you HAVE to get one)– cream together sugar and butter

Add eggs one at a time and once well blended, add milk and apple cider.

Using your paddle attachment, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and apple pieces.

Spray each donut cavity of your donut pan with Non-Stick Cooking Spray and fill each donut cavity with batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Let cool and remove the donuts and place on a large plate, take a wet paper towel and rub the tops of each donut and sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture over each donut (the slightly wet tops will help the cinnamon/sugar mixture to stick).

Serve these donuts warm with a nice cup of coffee…. ENJOY!!!


This “Pinspiration” comes from The Budget Savy Diva


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

These look wonderful, a must try for me!!!