Sep 25, 2013

Cowboy Casserole


Find it on Pinterest

Cooks Note: Cowboy Casserole is all over Pinterest, so I figured I would give it a shot. My kids love tater tots, so it should go over well. Welllllll....not as well as I would have hoped. 

Don't get me wrong, it was good, just not great. There are a few things I would do differently next time. First thing, is I would add an extra can of soup, because it was too dry. Secondly, I thought it needed salt and pepper, desperately, which surprised me since tater tots, condensed soup and beef have a salty flavor normally. And I would cook it a little longer, it just seemed under done even though I cooked it longer than suggested. I will try it again, with these changes. Try it out and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Cook for 25-30 minutes on 350, sprinkle with a handful of cheese, & then cook it for 5 more minutes so the cheese melts all over the top. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can condensed cream of mushroom
1/2 Cup milk
4 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Cups cheddar cheese
1 can corn, drained
32 oz bag frozen tator tots

DIRECTIONS
Brown a pound of ground beef & drain fat. Add back to the pan and saute with onions & garlic. Add condensed cream of mushroom, milk, sour cream, cheese & corn over low heat until melted. In a greased 9x13 pan, layer the tater tots (still frozen) in the bottom of the dish. Scoop meat mixture over the tater tots, and then add another layer of tater tots on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 5 additional minutes.

This Pinspiration comes from Little Bitty Kitchen



No comments :