Oct 15, 2013

Pumpkin Stuffed Shells



Find it on Pinterest
Cook's Note: So, I was cruising Pinterest and this little gem of a recipe popped up. I thought it looked so good and I couldn't wait to make it. Let me tell you - this recipe is divine!! You know I usually change something about every recipe and the only change I have made here is to use one clove of garlic instead of two. This is a wonderful fall meal and actually very easy to make... I encourage you to give it a try!


What You Will Need:


1 Box of Jumbo Shells (I used Barilla)

¾ Jar of tomato sauce (I always use Franceso Rinaldi Tomato Basil sauce, its my favorite!)

15 oz can of pumpkin puree

1 container of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese

1 ½  cups of shredded light mozzarella cheese

1 clove of garlic, minced

1 egg

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tbsp  sage

1 tbsp Italian Seasoning

sea salt & pepper to taste


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Boil the shells in accordance with the instructions on the box (I used Barilla Jumbo Pasta shells). Once they are ready, strain and set aside to cool.

Stir together pumpkin, ricotta, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, garlic, egg, nutmeg, sage, basil, and salt & pepper in a large mixing bowl.

Spray a 9X13 glass cooking dish with non-stick cooking spray and then evenly spread the tomato sauce along the bottom of the dish.

Stuff each of the shells with about 2 tbps of the pumpkin/ricotta mixture and place in rows along the dish (sitting each shell on top of the tomato sauce).

Once you’ve stuffed all the shells, cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. During the last 5 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle the last ½ cup of the shredded mozzarella over the shells and let the cheese melt.

Serve with some yummy garlic bread and salad for a delicious fall meal!

This Pinspiration comes from "The Daily Dish"

No comments :