Find it on Pinterest
Cooks Note: I have made this one several times, and it is really good. It is easy, it tastes JUST like a cheeseburger and it takes about 15 minutes to put together. I always wonder, who comes up with these things? Pickle juice? But hey, it works, so I won't question it. The kids love it of course and it is good served with baked fries. To make it a little healthier, you can use ground turkey, reduced fat crescents and LF cheese and I am sure it will be just as tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, OR 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups shredded American cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll crescent rolls and press into the bottom and up the sides of an 8 inch pie pan.
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned. Drain well.
- Stir in onion, chopped pickle, ketchup and mustard.
- Sprinkle with flour and add pickle juice and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cup of cheese. Let stand until cheese melts.
- Garnish with extra ketchup, mustard and pickle slices.
Pinspiration from Disney Family