Feb 20, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Turkey Burgers



Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: These were GREAT! They were very juicy, and I was surprised since I find that turkey gets dried out easily. The sauce was easy and delicious, and even my kids raved. (I didn't tell them that there was yogurt on their burgers!) As you can see, I served it with lots of veggies on the side and I was pleasantly full even though the dinner was light. I didn't change anything in this recipe, it was perfect the way it is. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
  • 1 lb fat free ground turkey
  • 4 ounces fat free feta cheese
  • 4 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
  • 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced

Directions:


  1. Warm a pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
  2.  In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and shape mixture into 4 patties. Place in pan, cover, and cook for 7 minutes. Uncover, flip, and cook for 5 more minutes.
  3.  In another bowl, combine lemon juice with yogurt. Set aside.
  4. Serve burgers on rolls, topped with yogurt sauce, spinach, and cucumber.


This Pinspiration comes from Food.com

No comments :