A Suburban Epicurean Original
Cooks Note: I made this at the request of my son who names this as one of his Top 10 Dinners Mom makes. I guess I should be thankful there are 10 that he actually likes! This is a classic, and easy enough to make on a weeknight. Enjoy!
4-5 Large Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 Cups of flour
1T Garlic Powder
1 t Basil
1T Dried Parsley Flakes
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 T Butter
1lb spaghetti noodles
1jar of pasta sauce (fresh or homemade)
2 Cups Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan Cheese to taste
1. Mix flour and spices in a shallow bowl, set aside
2. Place egg in another bowl and beat with a fork till broken up
3. Place olive oil and butter in a frying pan, heat to a sizzle
4. Dredge each chicken breast in egg then in flour mix, coating thoroughly, place in pan.
5. Cook till golden on each side
6. Transfer chicken to a greased 13x9 in baking dish.
7. Top each breast with 1-2 T of pasta sauce (your preference) and a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
8. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 min or until browned and bubbly.
9. Cook pasta according to package directions, mix with remaining pasta sauce and serve under chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Pinspiration found on Suburban Epicurean