Feb 6, 2013

Holy Moly Italian Chicken in the Crock Pot!





                                                                                          Find it on Pinterest

Cook's Note: I modified this recipe from the Pinterest version (as usual), only because I didn't have Cream of Chicken soup on hand. The link to this recipe on Pinterest was a completely different recipe than what was written underneath the actual pin. The one on the link seemed WAY more complicated, so I went with the simple direction, changing it to suit my needs of course! 

This dish was SUPER SIMPLE and really delicious. My entire family enjoyed it and I will add this one to list of "keepers" ! 


What You Need: 

3-4 chicken breasts (I Like to use Frozen)
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
1  8 oz. package neufchatel  cream cheese (softened), 
2 cans cream of celery soup; 
1/3 cup milk


Directions: 

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot, in a seperate bowl mix softened cream cheese, Italian seasoning, cream of celery soup and milk in a bowl - then pour over top of the chicken. Now, put your lid on the crock pot.... 

If using frozen chicken breasts, cook on high for 3-4 hours, then on low for 1 additional hour. If using fresh chicken breasts cook for 4 hours on low.

 ** Serve this chicken and the sauce over pasta. I used Rotini Garden Delight Pasta - because it's healthy and has an extra serving of vegetables that we all need, plus it's pretty! 


Original Recipe "Pinspiration" can be found at Homemade by Holman 


No comments :