Feb 21, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes



Cook’s Note: For my husband’s birthday, he requested specifically “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes”, which took me by surprise! So, I scoured the internet and my favorite site (Pinterest) for a recipe. Of course, I found a TON of recipes for this cupcake request, but all of them looked so complicated! Most of them called for making your own cookie dough and making your own cupcakes from scratch. Well, I just didn’t have time for all of this non-sense, but… I didn’t want to disappoint my husband either – so this recipe below was born… I improvised and it turned out great. Now, please note that I got the icing recipe from the Pizzaazzerie and it is HANDS DOWN the BEST ICING/FROSTING that I have ever tried in my entire life!
Enjoy the below and you’re welcome in advance!!

What You Will Need:

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (follow directions on the Box, so you'll need those ingredient too)
Immaculate Baking Company Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough (In the Refrigerated Cookie Dough section)
Miniature Chocolate Chip Cookies for the topping


Directions:

Line your cupcake pan with CUTE cupcake liners. Fill each cup about 1/3 full with cupcake batter, place a small cookie dough ball in the middle and then cover with more batter.

 Bake per directions on the box. When done, let cool completely, then frost the cupcakes and top with a miniature chocolate chip cookie for decoration.

 My “Pinspiration” for this recipe came from Something Shiny


Coffee Creamer Frosting (from Pizzaazzerie)


·         8 Tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature

·         4-5 cups confectioner's sugar

·         1/3 cup Flavored Coffee Creamer of your choice (I used International Delight Cinnabon Coffee Creamer – OMG!)

Frosting Instructions:


In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy.

Slowly add powdered sugar until well combined.

Add coffee creamer

Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting and more creamer for a looser frosting.

Now place frosting in a frosting bag and frost those cupcakes!
 *** Here is the KEY to this entire cupcake recipe…. After you have frosted all of your cupcakes, place these cupcakes in the fridge for a few hours. The magical part here is that the cookie dough inside of the cupcake hardens back up and the icing sort of “sets”. TRUST ME, you don’t want to skip this step!

 When ready to serve, top each cupcake with a mini-chocolate chip cookie! (See my pics for an example of how the end product should look!)



No comments :