Feb 11, 2013

Pesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken


Find it on Pinterest


Cooks Note: This is the first one the crowd was not raving about. And not because it wasn't good, but because it was too salty. I think the whole packet of Ranch and the whole 6 oz. jar of Pesto was just a little too much. I have gotten a little ahead of myself, I did do a couple of things different than the original recipe called for, I used chicken breasts instead of thighs to make it a little healthier and I used 1 cup of chicken broth instead of 1/2 because the 1/2 just didn't seem like it would produce enough sauce. I am glad I went with more broth, because that was good, but next time I would suggest using 1/2 the packet of ranch and maybe 1/2 of the pesto. So, while tasty, I would change it up a little more next time. Let me know if you have any additional suggestions. 


Ingredients
  • 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 6 ounce jar of pesto
  • 1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
Directions
  1. Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
  2. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and a simple salad.
Makes 8 servings

Find the original "Pinspiration" from Picky Palate

No comments :